Complaint Review: Direct Subscription Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, November 28, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, November 28, 2010

• Reported By: Vanessa — Johnson City Tennessee United States of America
Direct Subscription Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 1949, Pilot Point, Texas 76258 Internet United States of America

Direct Subscription Services, Inc. DSS, Inc. Fast talking young man scammed me into purchasing magazine subscription, still have not received magazine Internet

On September 16, 2010, I received a knock at my door from a young man by the name of Kenny Rowe, who seemed to be in his late 20's.  He told me he lived down the road from my apartment and told me about his wife.  He said he was going door to door selling magazine subscriptions to gain points to earn a trip with his group to somewhere.  He was very fast talking and frequently gave me high fives.  I was basically confused into purchasing an $85 subscription to OK! Magazine, which I have not yet received.  I did not even realize what had happened until after he left, but hoped I had not been scammed.  After waiting for a few months, I decided to look online to see if I could find out when I would get my magazines.  I found many reports stating this company, DSS, Inc., is nothing but con artists, and I would never receive my subscription.  My check was cashed within days of writing it, and I have emailed the company asking if and when my subscription will come.  I have yet to hear anything and doubt I ever will.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2010 10:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Subscription-Services-Inc/internet/Direct-Subscription-Services-Inc-DSS-Inc-Fast-talking-young-man-scammed-me-into-purcha-666220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Subscription Services, Inc.