Complaint Review: Direct Subscription Services

• Updated: Mon, December 28, 2009

• Reported By: Lisa — Buffalo New York United States of America
Direct Subscription Services
1017 N Highway 377 Pilot Point, Texas United States of America

Direct Subscription Services DSSinconline.com Magazine Sales, door to door scam Pilot Point, Texas

I purchased Jack & Jill magazine from a woman who came to my door this June 3, 2009.  I paid with a check which was cashed only a week later.  I paid $45.oo for a magazine Ii was told was bi-weekly for one year.  I started to complain in September when I never received anything.  My complaints have gone on since, and problems have continued to arise including receiving a magazine I never ordered.  The company then basically told me I was lying, and to fax my receipt to show them that they were wrong.  I did fax the receipt.  Seven months later, I did receive the Jack & Jill magazine only to find out that a year subscription costs only 19.98, and is only SIX issues!!  I was scammed!  Their website has no phone number, and they don't respond to faxes or emails.  The owner is listed on Superpages.com under direct subscription services.  That is how I got his phone number and he sure was not happy about hearing from me, as he hung up on me a few times!  I want my money back, and I want Texas to realize what this company doing to people all over the U.S.A.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Subscription-Services/Pilot-Point-Texas-76258/Direct-Subscription-Services-DSSinconlinecom-Magazine-Sales-door-to-door-scam-Pilot-Poin-546517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Subscription Services