Complaint Review: Direct Subscription Services

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: Shannon — Spring Texas United States of America
Direct Subscription Services
1017 N Highway 377 Pilot Point, Texas United States of America

Direct Subscription Services dssinconline.com DSS door to door scam! Pilot Point, Texas

Back in January I paid for a magazine subscription through DSS Inc.  The man who came to my door was very nice and I usually turn these people away but was in a particulary good mood that day and decided to be nice.  I was looking to get another subscription to Rolling Stone anyway so I decided to buy.  I gave him part cash and part check.  When I was a kid we would sell subscriptions through school or dance so I guess I was too naive to think I'd get scammed.  After not receiving the magazine well past 90 days I decided to contact them.  Naturally there was no phone number, but an e-mail address.  I have e-mailed the company WELL OVER 30 TIMES and have never received any type of reply.  I found the phone number for the company on this site.  The first time I called (about two months ago) the man told me to e-mail customer service.  When I told him I had several times, he hung up on me.  This time a woman answered and told me the same thing.  I told her "you people are nothing but scam artists."  The same man (I distinctly remember his voice) TOLD ME TO GO "F" MYSELF AND HUNG UP ON ME.

I'm sure the people spending their time going door to door don't even know it is a scam and think they really have a chance of winning these grand trips these companies promise to them.  I even contacted Rolling Stone magazine to let them know a scam company was selling their name because of the fact that it could possibly result in customers being angry with them instead.  I'm trying to get the word out on every site possible so other people do not get scammed by these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Subscription-Services/Pilot-Point-Texas-76258/Direct-Subscription-Services-dssinconlinecom-DSS-door-to-door-scam-Pilot-Point-Texas-632408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Subscription Services