Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Submitted: Wed, November 21, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, September 12, 2012

• Reported By:grand Lake Colorado
Direct TV
DirectTV.com Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-913-6581
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Direct TV platantly lied, I purposefully stated NO contract, they verbally stated there was NONE, and yet tried to charge me and ruin my credit. I had to cancel my credit card. Greenwood Village Colorado

*General Comment: Bad Consumers

*Author of original report: RIP-off has the wrong state for this complaint

Call Personnel are Liars! I purposely stated that I did NOT want a contract. I was verbally assured over 8 times, from 8 different personnel that I would NOT have a contract.

I sent them my personnal DVR and they sent me a refurbished one. When I cancelled service, a few months later, they refused to send me back my reciever ($75) after I sent them back theirs.

Because I had my own reciever, the call person stated I would not be under contract. They wrote notes falsifying notes in their computer. When they did send me a DVR, they stated because it was not new, the contract would NOT be in effect.

It took over 2 hours the first evening, and another 2 hours the following day, talking to over 15 representatives to get my service started. INCOMPETENCE!

On the back of one bill, I found months later, it stated that up to $150 could be charged if the contract was stopped. (Never thought it meant me, I was NOT under contract via several verbal assurances).

They charged me over $230.00, plus the cost of my personal reciever. I had to cancel my credit card to make sure they didn't steal the money from my account.

Pat
grand Lake, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2007 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Denver-Colorado/Direct-TV-platantly-lied-I-purposefully-stated-NO-contract-they-verbally-stated-there-wa-285905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

#1 General Comment

Bad Consumers

AUTHOR: Damian - (United States of America)

You're a liar! That's all there is to it.

You're an uneducated and just plain bad consumer. Don't blame other for your mistakes.

Your comments are filled with nothing but over exaggerations and lies.

Sincerely,

The guy who doesn't even own a TV

RIP-off has the wrong state for this complaint

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

On the site...Rip Off put Greenwich Village California..
Please change to Denver Colorado...thanks.