Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: jo3sprinc3ss — Connecticut
Direct TV
40 High Street Direct Tv, Connecticut USA

Direct TV did nothing but lie to me,and costed me thousands of dollars. Direct Tv Connecticut

I signed up for Direct TV at a carnival that I went to. I have been living through hell since that day. This girl named "Marisa" that works for Direct Tv sold me a package that was suppose to have all the channels I wanted and includes internet (sounded great),so I signed up. She gave me a date & time that Direct Tv was coming to my house to install this. I was so excited to get this new service,and here's where the hell began...DAY OF THE INSTALLMENT-they called me to tell me they were running an hour late,an hour past,they never showed,they called me again to tell me it's going to be another hour,so basically they were over 2 hours late,that wasn't so bad,I understand people do run late sometimes,I do it myself once in a while. Anyways, the man came and hooked up my service,and he moved my internet out of my living room into my bedroom,so I asked him...."Am I all set with internet?" He said "Yes,you are on direct Tv's internet now." I asked if it was going to be as fast as my previous internet company,he said "Yes,it will be about the same" ok sounded great with me, so I picked up the new tv remote and I put it on my favorite channel, it didn't work, come to find out my package didn't include none of my favorite channels that "Marisa" told me it would. So the guy that hooked everything up for me,called Direct Tv and signed me up for the package one level above (more money for me) ,anyways,he left. Everything was all hooked up with my new company, things were going good for a couple of days ( I thought), so I called Metrocast (old company) and told them that I want to cancel my accont,because I have a new company, so they shut my account off. All of a sudden my internet stops working. I call Direct Tv and they tell me that they don't even supply internet, they go through AT&T,so they told me to call AT&T. To make a long story a little bit shorter, I had no internet for over 2 weeks. I called "Marisa's" phone (she gave me her personal # when I signed up) and she did nothing to help, but tell me storys. And then I could never get in touch with her again. I called AT&T,they said direct Tv never signed me up, I called Direct Tv,they didn't want to hear anything about it. I didn't know who to turn to. In the mean time, I needed the internet for my occupation...I was losing thousands of dollars from not working....Nobody cared!!!! Finally yesterday AT&T hooked my internet up, and after all that it's very slow and doesn't support Direct Tv's "ON DEMAND" I have lived a nightmae since I signed up. I would not have this problem if "Marisa would have just told me that Direct Tv doesn't have their own internet. Because if I would have known that,then I would have just kept Metrocast's internet. I recommend to whoever is thinking about switching to Direct Tv....DO NOT DO IT!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 03:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Direct-Tv-Connecticut/Direct-TV-did-nothing-but-lie-to-meand-costed-me-thousands-of-dollars-Direct-Tv-Connec-1054573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV