Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: John — Downey California USA
Direct TV
Internet, California United States of America

Direct TV Dishonest, Fraud. Ripoff Internet, California

If you have Direct TV please know that if you own your equipment and pay for the monthly warranty service that they offer, Don't plan on using your warranty for your equipment to be replaced if it fails.

I was told tonight that I have to pay 500.00 dollars to have my DVR replaced if I want to keep owning it. I have already bought my equipment from Direct TV for 500.00 dollars. I have the warranty to protect my investment and so I do not have to be in a contract.
So they knowingly charge me the monthly fee for the warranty and then knowingly do not cover my equipment because I own it. They will lease me a new box for free but I was told just to toss my owned broke equipment in the trash. How much sense does this make.

No where does it say this in there warranty contract. This company is so dishonest and it knowingly rips there customers off. I have reported them to the BBB and will find out what they are willing to do to make this right.

I have also learned that they do not give a crap about existing customers and only will take care of the new customers. I have been with this company for 13 years and I have watched the customer service go down hill from the start.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Internet-California-/Direct-TV-Dishonest-Fraud-Ripoff-Internet-California-992494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV