Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: Jenny — Brigham City Utah USA
Direct TV
Internet, Utah United States of America

Direct TV Tried to rip me off after I tried to cancel account Internet, Utah

*Consumer Comment: kenny you're butting into your brother bobby from irvine's time

*Author of original report: Payment Method Used

*Consumer Comment: When you sign up for satellite TV service....

I signed up as a bundle with Century Link. I was supposed to get a promotional deal for 1 year. It lasted 6 months and the bill doubled. Then when I was having trouble paying the bill, after my husband lost his job. They refused to work with me and change my package to a less expensive one. When I cancelled my contract, they started telling me that they were going to charge my credit card for a list of fees I never agreed to. I told the gal I was talking to that they were not authorized to do that. She kept going on and on about the fees etc. I hung up, called my bank and cancelled my credit card. Then called Direct TV back and cancelled my contract. They proceeded to call me several times a day for 3 months after the cancellation. I had 9 months to go on the contract and my bill is over $500, when it should only be around $250. I returned the equipment so there shouldn't be a charge for that. I've not seen it. I've not seen a final bill either. I've been sent to a collection agency CBD Group who is now calling me several times a day including Sundays and before 8 am and after 9pm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Internet-Utah-/Direct-TV-Tried-to-rip-me-off-after-I-tried-to-cancel-account-Internet-Utah-973683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

kenny you're butting into your brother bobby from irvine's time

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

you forgot it is his turn to rebutt

Payment Method Used

AUTHOR: Jenny - (USA)

As stated before I signed up to bundle via Century Link so NO payment method was chosen. I did pay online with a debit card afterwards. So your comment about using payment method is invalid, ortherwise it would have been billed through Century Link, which never happened.

I went from a 750 credit score to 598...that's how bad the hit was on my credit....

When you sign up for satellite TV service....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

whether DirectTV or Dish, you agree to a two year contract with a pro-rated cancellation fee.

You also agree (in this contract) that they can charge any amounts due them from the method of payment you used when you signed up.

Sorry for your hardship, but it is a legally binding contract and you can't re-negotiate its terms later.

No, I DON'T work for DirectTV and don't even like them.

I don't know what kind of credit rating you had before, but it just took a major hit.