Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Sat, April 06, 2013

• Reported By: Angered in Alabama — Prattville Alabama
Direct TV
Maricopa, Arizona United States of America

Direct TV claims that i renewed my 2 year agreement when i called to replace a burned out receiver Maricopa, Arizona

I have had a contract with Direct TV since 4/26/11. I canceled service with them 3/25/13. They are now invoicing me for $380.00, claiming that I renewed my contract when in 10/12, I called them to replace a piece of their equipment (receiver) that stopped working. They called that an upgrade, and that it automatically renewed my contract another 2 years. I spoke to someone on the phone, they mailed the new piece of equipment so i could watch tv, and I never signed anything!

I am willing to pay one month penalty for early cancellation (from the original 2 year contract), but not pay penalty for some false statement by them that replacing a broken box is an upgrade.

I have seen on other reports that they hit your credit card for charges. Surprise, I have just canceled all my credit cards that they might have on file. And just let them try to hit my checking account; my attorney will be on that!

This is the biggest scam! Warning...don't sign up for Direct TV.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 11:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Maricopa-Arizona-85062/Direct-TV-claims-that-i-renewed-my-2-year-agreement-when-i-called-to-replace-a-burned-out-1041345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV