Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: S J W — Stone Mountain Georgia United States of America
Direct TV
Maricopa, Arizona United States of America

Direct TV Misrepresented Service Maricopa, Arizona

On  April 18, I purchased monthly satellite tv based upon the representation by agent that Sirius Music was available on Direct TV.  It was installed on April 28 and discovered that Sirius Music was not available on this service.  I cancelled by phone and was told to mail equipment back.  The conversation with sales agent was recorded so Direct TV knows I insisted it have Sirius Music.

I paid one months service even though I didn't use service.  Direct TV claims that I signed a contract when I signed the acknowledgement of service upon installation.  They then charged me $400 penalty for cancelling service.  I paid it to make them cease collection notices but they should pay it back since they misrrepresented to me and I made it clear on my initial phone call what I desired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Maricopa-Arizona-86062/Direct-TV-Misrepresented-Service-Maricopa-Arizona-936344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV