Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: LeMonch — Brox New York
Direct TV
PO BOX 11732 Newark, New Jersey United States of America

Direct TV Beware of these weasels: Provided horrible service for a month then took $590 out of my account when I disconneted Newark, New Jersey

I had contacted Verizon to sign up for one of their triple-play bundles ($74.99 for phone, cable, and internet). Since FIOS was not available for my building Direct TV was sent to provide the cable service component. Their service was mediocre at best. Every time it snowed or even rained, we would not get any reception.  To make things worse, a few weeks later I received two bills, one for $138 from Verizon another $147 from Direct TV. I contacted both companies to clarify the discrepancy but neither provided a solution. Eventually, I called both to disconnect from the nightmare I had gotten myself into.  Direct TV informed that I had to pay a penalty of $440 for the early termination of the horrible service they provided for a month. I explained that I had only dealt with Verizon and they did not advise me about these penalties. Direct TV then informed that they would investigate if I had indeed agreed to any contractual agreement and that they would get in touch with me soon. They then went and withdrew $590 unauthorized from my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Newark-New-Jersey-07101/Direct-TV-Beware-of-these-weasels-Provided-horrible-service-for-a-month-then-took-590-o-1040160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV