Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: Brad — Maricopa Arizona
Direct TV
PO Box 78626 Phoenix, Arizona USA

Direct TV Disconnect Fee 300 dollars and we are in hardship Phoenix Arizona

*General Comment: A fact of life...

this is what I wrote them 7/2/2013 and no response what so ever

I am sorry to bother you but I am a direst tv customer and the customer service I am receiving has not been helpfull at all. We have asked direct tv to put our account on hold for a year till we get caught up and they said the best they can do is charge me a disconnection fee of 300 dollars.

I am in a situation right now where my mortgage is 2 months past due , can lose our home, behind several months on our utilities, have to get a car out of the shop after got in accident $1000 dollars deductible. and this all happened due to us buying a new home and this is how it started and ended.

The reason we got behind is due to several reasons. When we moved from our  old house we had a 1500 dollar deposit coming back that we were relying on getting to put toward the new house and they only gave us 500 back for reasons that we already repaired.  Then we were supposed to get 3,000 back for our taxes we were going to use for the house payment and even though we claimed bankruptcy 3 years ago one of our debtors didnt get taken out and they came in and took our tax return.

Then the real estate agent made an error in our total cost of the house which amounted to almost 2200 dollars and we were expecting to get that back and 1 week before we were to close they said oh we cant give that back to you in a check you have to invest it in the house so we got our back yard done with it.

Then the down payment agreement we had on the house got messed up and the builder refused to pay the 5,000 they agreed to before and I had to pull all the money I had in my 401k to pay for that down payment.

Then last of all we were going to close the mortgage agreement in march and our first payment wouldnt be till may. which gave us enough time to get on our feet and not fall  behind. the mortgage company called us and said there has been an error and we need to close end of  february and we argued with them that we are going to fall behind and wont be able to pay rent first month and that we need the extra two months to build our income up because we went through so much of a loss. they wouldnt budge and said if we wait till March then we will have to redo our mortgage agreement and that they will have to pull my credit again and possibly will not be approved again for the house. So we went along with February and thats how we have got so far behind.

We have tried everything possible to get this debt caught up. we applied for credit cards and got turned down, I tried to go through my work for hardship and because I havent been there for a year I wouldnt qualify.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Phoenix-Arizona-85062/Direct-TV-Disconnect-Fee-300-dollars-and-we-are-in-hardship-Phoenix-Arizona-1069365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

#1 General Comment

A fact of life...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sorry to say this, BUT EVERYONE HAS A SOB STORY THAT THEY EXPECT BUSINESSES TO SWALLOW!!! DirecTV has no reason or need to know the BS going on in your life. They are a business and you signed a contract with them. Everyone has problems. Everyone has a SOB story that they hope will garner them sympathy. You signed a contract and are now bound by that contract in your dealings with DirecTV. This means you can post all the nasty things you like about them, but it still wont change the fact that you have a bill to pay. You claim hardship yet you have enough money for a computer AND internet. Enough cash anyways to pay your internet bill which is allowing you to defame a company doing business legally.

Ok so you have problems, we all have issues. I would love to be able to spin a BS story and have the companies I owe money too buy that story and forgive my debt. But that aint gonna happen!! Its not going to happen for you. No matter how much you put your personal business out there for everyone to read. Great thing is that RoR doesnt remove reports. So you have in essence compounded your problems by posting obviously defaming comments on a public site. Lets hope they dont choose to sue you in civil court for this.

Lawrence