• Report: #1020675

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Mfetup — Queens New York United States of America
Direct TV
Queens, New York United States of America

Direct TV Lied about the price of my package, installed their box incorrectly TWICE and interupted by internet service to set up their lines, which need to be redone!. Queens, New York

I need some feedback on how to resolve this issue.

Too long story made short, Direct TV sold me a package stating it would be 13.99 monthly(+tax and equipment) for 12 months, my first bill did not reflect this "deal" and the 5-8 calls to customer service have me no where. I've been told conflicting information from this package does not exist to i'm supposed to have a special rep set up my service (which no one has the name or location of this contractor). I've been referred to a Promotions Team which will reevaluate my claim and make a final action on my account cost.

Meanwhile, m internet starts slowing down, now it has finally stopped all together. 1 week w/o internet and my internet service provider (TW) informs me that DTV has added their wires to their internet connection(clearly marked TW) which has overwhelmed the system and now DTV has to reinstall their device (FYI this will be the 3rd time in 3 months that DTV has been in my home for technical repairs.)

I can't disconnect the service without paying $400 bcs apparently i've been locked into a contract that does not reflect what i was originally offered!

Does ANYONE have any feedback on where i can go from here?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Queens-New-York-/Direct-TV-Lied-about-the-price-of-my-package-installed-their-box-incorrectly-TWICE-and-i-1020675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV