Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: cheecharoni — California
Direct TV
DIRECTV, LLC. Customer Service P.O. Box 6550 Green , Select State/Province USA

Direct TV Lied to me-and I have proof Nationwide

I was told on my near endless call w DirectTV that I wz buyng internet/ cable "bundle" Direct TV/ Viasat. I was ABSOLUTELY flat out lied to. The installation of Cable revealed that I was not even getting the cable features I had been sold, and that the internet was not mentioned anywhere on order. I made calls that were endlessly passed on to others and lasted for HOURS over course of WEEKS. It was confirmed that I had been sold a 'BUNDLE" but that the sales person made "a mistake" by offering the bundle price... When I clarified that I was out of it, remove the cable service THEY WOULD NOT LET ME OUT OF MY 2 YR CONTRACT!!! Several reps had the GALL to say: We didn't charge u for the internet service, so why should we revoke your contract?" Me: Because you SOLD me Cable/Internet bundle for a set monthly price for 2 yrs, and only gave me CABLE for nearly the price I was quoted for both". Direct TV: "So, do you want to set up the internet service too?" Me: "Sure, for the price agreed to with contract for both Cable & Internet". DTV: "We can't do that, because internet was not included in the intital service order for you"....    NO, REALLY? THAT is the WHOLE POINT! Because it sure was included in the SALE, and I have the recorded phone calls to prove it. So, when I said I would NOT be coereced to submit to their scam, and that I insisted they drop me from contract period, I sent around the nation to DTV entities of every department and state, and at last a call w corporate listening to sound files of all, agreed. That was the end of that right? I recieved ZERO further calls or bills or any notices about or from direct TV.. Until this month, 9 mos later-I get a notice from a COLLECTION AGENCY that they have been given the account for my UNPAID $564 outstanding to Direct TV!!!! This company IS THE MOST DISGUSTINGLY DISHONEST AND BLATENT in it's scam methods. Yes, of course I can prevail... with hundreds more hours of paperwork and calls and mailings and collection of all from here then and here there to thwart what DTV put into COLLECTION... So the fact that the collection agency will have to circumnavigate the same hell I did when dealing with DTV means that they will not deal with it... and thus, I will be scarred with it on my credit history. THAT is a fact that the nice man from the collection agency even kindly, but flat out stated. He wasn't  threatening me, just saying that collection agencys have no other responsibilty than to get money, not to figure out the legitimacy. He said that they would do basic form filing of my refute, and it would come back to them and the chances were that they would write it off and it would go on all 3 credit agency reports against me. BUT, if I PAID IT, this would be included in the report of delinquency on my credit reports with Experion, Equifax, and Transunion. Isn't that nice? They are scum. Do not believe any DTV promo ads or ANYTHING they say on phone etc. Even with proof of thier lies (or maybe because of it) they just took an even slimier way to  REALLY stick it to me. BBB is getting all this as well as any review site possible. Thank You Ripoff Report, I hope this helps others and removes $ from the profit of bad guys

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2014 06:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Select-StateProvince/Direct-TV-Lied-to-me-and-I-have-proof-Nationwide-1132888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV