Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Tue, August 12, 2014

• Reported By: James — Joliet Illinois
Direct TV
, Select State/Province USA

Direct TV Put big holes in our roof and would not come out to remove equipment when we cancelled. Need roof repaired. Joliet Illinois

*Author of original report: Direct Tv holes in roof.

*Consumer Comment: The previous poster is right...YOU are responsible for removing and returning equipment to them.

*Consumer Comment: Check your contract

I cancelled Direct TV because I was not told the truth. They lied to me. When I cancelled I told them I would like them to come out and remove dish from my house and repair roof which had holes put in it. They would not come out. They are complete jerks. Big rip off company. Would not recommend them to anyone. Get tired of going to store and being bothered from people trying to sell this big rip off company. Something needs to be done with them. I am now in collection because I would not pay them until they came and got dish and repaired my roof. UNBELIEVABLE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Select-StateProvince/Direct-TV-Put-big-holes-in-our-roof-and-would-not-come-out-to-remove-equipment-when-we-ca-1169216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

Direct Tv holes in roof.

AUTHOR: James - ()

We offered to take down if they would repair roof and I would pay them what I owed them. No go. They are jerks.

They just want to harass old people.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

The roof is also your responsibility.  They had to make the holes to mount the dish.  How "HUGE" are these holes in your roof?  About the size of a 3/8" bolt or big enough to throw a cat through?

At any rate, this is why you're now in collections.  You didn't read your contract and made some stupid decisions.  They did NOT violate any contractual terms.  You did.

Check your contract

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If I remember correctly in their contract, you are responsible to "send back" their equipment on your own expenses or "drop off" at one of their location if you cancel the contract. They will never go out to pick up the equipment. You will lose on this situation if you try to sue them. All that said, Caveat emptor should be a good phrase for those who are going ti sign any type of buying/service contract.