Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: Patrick — The Woodlands Texas United States of America
Direct TV

Direct TV A business model designed to screw the customer , Internet

I signed up for Direct TV on the Internet.  I never received a contact and asked the installer when he came to my house. He said it would be sent. I was busy traveling out of the country and just assumed the terms on the Internet ad would be what I would pay. After a couple of months my credit card number changed so I looked at the bill to get the 800 number to make the change. To my surprise I was being changed more than double what I thought. I called and was told that 90 days was up and I can no longer get the discount. They said someone would call within seven days to discuss the problem with me.  I thought seven days was a long time to leave an unhappy customer hanging and was not surprised that I never received a call. I called again and was given a total run around. I talked to three people and none knew the meaning of customer service. It is all on the customer. Direct TV takes no responsibility nor any action to satisfy a customer. Their business model is designed to make it difficult to apply for the rebates and they will do nothing to help. This weekend I am having cable installed and I am throwing the dish in the street. I have dared them to try to collect an early termination penalty. They are all bad but Direct TV is the worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-A-business-model-designed-to-screw-the-customer-Internet-928281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV