Complaint Review: Direct T.V.

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2012

• Reported By: Vegas — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Direct T.V.

Direct T.V. Direct T.V. bundles with Century Link-Lies to get you to join and then rips off Seniors! Internet

I am a senior citizen on a fixed income.  Because Cox became too expensive I called the phone number online for Direct T.V.  I explained to the rep I was only interested in the bottom line for the services I requested because of my fixeed.  I was told it would be $96.00 per month.  I reiterated it with her 3 times and she confirmed and told me not to worry.  She also asked for a credit card and ran a credit report stating because I had good credit all my installations would be free and that she would also send an American Express Gift card for $100.00.

I was then transferred to a "bundle dept" which I found out was Century Link.   I never got free installation, or my gift card.  After 3 months I never got a billed for $96.00.  They were well over $140.00.  I have records of numerous phone calls I made requesting them to honor what I was told I would pay.  One time when I complained that I did not even get the gift card a supervisor gave me $100.00 off a bill which I should not have had to pay as it was for $156.00!

When I called to cancel I was told I was under a contract and they would charge my credit card for a cancellation-I verbally told them in this cancellation call they do not have permission to charge this card!.  I told them they did not tell me I was under a contract-The only agreement we had was that the charges would be good for one year which they never honored.  Because Century Link and Direct T.V. are "in bed together" charges could not be separated without spending all my time on the phone with both companies!

I now have a bill for a $400.00 cancellation fee for a contract they say I had that they did not honor.  I asked several times for them to pull up my initial phone call to listen to what I was promised..They refused and said they did not have that capability yet the recording prior to our talking said that we were being recorded for QUAILITY assurance!  How can I pay a bill like this on a fixed income?  They lied to get me sign up, no customer service after the fact and now I had to pay someone $50.00 to get that dish off my home! They do not have authorization to charge my card...Beware-Stay away from this company-It was a scam all the way.  The stress they have caused me is substantial!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-Direct-TV-bundles-with-Century-Link-Lies-to-get-you-to-join-and-then-rips-o-927302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct T.V.