Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: bip927 — pine grove West Virginia
Direct TV
Internet USA

Direct TV Direct TV charged my checking account without aurhorization Internet

*Author of original report: more issues with direct tv

*Consumer Suggestion: Personal Checking accounts

*Author of original report: policy

*Author of original report: I have had nothing but issues with direct tv

*Consumer Suggestion: re-imbursement of $700.00

*Consumer Comment: Here is the policy

I stopped my service a couple months ago due to losing my job.  I have tried to contact Direct TV several times via internet and phone calls.  When I go to the website it comes up object has moved, when I call the customer service number it disconects me.  My checking account was charged over 700.00 dollars for unreturned equipment.  How can I get my money back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2013 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-Direct-TV-charged-my-checking-account-without-aurhorization-Internet-1052206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

more issues with direct tv

AUTHOR: bip927 - ()

In my emails with direct tv today, I have discovered they have my address wrong, this has been an ongoing issue with them and I have updated my address now three times with them.  Thank you all for your information, I have my letter prepared to take to my bank and also have printed the formal complaint form to send to the Attorney General's office.  I much rather deal with this situation like this thru email instead of phone calls so I cant print out my conversations, no confusion that way!  This all has just been one big mess, I have been unemployed since January with no income so having my bank account charged 700 plus dollars has caused me to go into the negative by almost 700 dollars.  :(

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Personal Checking accounts

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

Personal Checking Accounts are protected by fraud and unauthorized use within the banking laws state and federal.

Case in point:

If Direct TV takes money from your account without "Confirmation" or "Authorization" by you , and you are NOT on a auto bill payment option with direct TV,  Why then you can get your money back within 14 days. It's in the state and federal banking laws.

Thi situation appears to be one where Direct T.V. employees illegally stored the customers one time payment details and then further fraudulently withdrew the $700.00 pursuant to laws which prohibit the money tansfer electronically in the first place.

A complaint with the federal trade commission should be filed against Direct T.V. for such a fraudulent transaction Accountability by these huge corporations consistently go unchecked way too many times leaving the consumer further un-protected.

however you must follow through with persistence.

policy

AUTHOR: bip927 - ()

Problem is, I was never given a copy of my contract!  I am not even sure I signed a contract!

I have had nothing but issues with direct tv

AUTHOR: bip927 - ()

Thank you for your information, I contacted my bank this morning and have drafted a letter to take to them this afternoon.  My problem with this whole situation is I have tried for several weeks to contact direct tv to find out where the equipment return box is, I have never received it, I have also tried to contact them via the internet and phone.  When I tried to contact them via the internet a page would come up stating "this object has moved" with an arrow pointing to the word "here", I would click on it and nothing would happen, the link did not work.  When I tried to contact them via phone, I would go through the whole process of them confirming the number I am calling from and they would say "please hold while we connect you to a representative" then it would disconnect me.  As soon as this charge cleared my bank this morning, I was able to access their website, seems a little odd to me.  Has anyone esle ever experienced this?

#5 Consumer Suggestion

re-imbursement of $700.00

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

First thing to do for a refund is to see if you are on "Auto bill payment" ?  If you signed nothing to have money taken from your checking account , then chances are Direct TV has performed a "Fraudulent" withdrawal from you checking account.

1.) Contact your local bank branch and file a "Fraud report" of a un-auhtorized transaction by direct T.V.

first see if there is a smaller withdrawal before they took the bigger transaction and list dates and times when they took the money from you.

2.) it is illegal for direct tv to remove any money without your confirmation and authorization, so a act of fraud by one of their employees is a offense to the consumer laws.

3.) file a complaint with the federal trade commission.. you can do this on line.

4.) the bank is required by FDIC insurance laws to refund you the fraudulent transaction... takes up to 14 days.. as they investigate the transaction activity.

5.) you must be persistant. and your fruits of that persistants will probably pay off..

Here is the policy

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

I have had Directv for years and I know when I signed up I would be charged for early termination since I signed a contract.  Good luck because you will probably not get your money back.