Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Submitted: Thu, April 14, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 14, 2011

• Reported By: stardutchess21 — Castaci California United States of America
Direct TV

Direct TV Directv Fraud by DirectTV, False verbal statements, NO bills to explain ever Internet

I have been a customer of Directtv since November of 2009. I got the 12 package and at the end of the 12 months DirectTV charged me 21 dollars more without reminding me with a bill. I never got a bill from them ever. I had online bills until June of 2010 and told them to send a bill after that and they said they would. But monthly I would have to call or at least every 2 months and say I still have NO bill. Anyway, just like 2 mins ago, I called to see what I owed. I called and they said I owed like 230 OMG I cannot believe it. Even after I called in Nov of 2010 and said I do not want the package deal that now cost $79 they still have been chargin it to me!. I told them I wanted the $39 package plus one box for 45. After a bunch of haggling with them they could only offer me a MONTHLY fee of $54 a month for TV. I live in a place that doesnt have cable, on top of a mountain or in an RV so satalite is my only option. But 54 a month is high, 79 a month for TV is insane plus i was never told that or ever sent a bill in the mail. I told them i want  a paper bill June of 2010. I never got a bill to see they were still charging me, and now they say to avoid disconnect I owe $150 for 2 months!! OMG this is fraud at the highest level. I have called them every couple months to ask what I owe since they refuse to send paper bills. I want a paper record of my bills I do not want to use the online since they seem tobe able to go in and change the bills alot and I have no paper record of their fraud on me. I call them I ask for a lower package that I can afford and they basically manipulate me with my current situation being that I cannot afford more than 45 by offering me 54 or NOTHING. So I agree and with no bills to show they are charging me 79 still, I then run into pay the 79 for 2 months and maybe we will lower your package - so I feel like a victim again and again with this fraudulant company with 0 option for changing to cable or antenae because of where I live.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2011 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-Directv-Fraud-by-DirectTV-False-verbal-statements-NO-bills-to-explain-ever-Int-717429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV