Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: Juanita — Mercedes Texas
Direct TV
2230 E. Imperial Hwy. Internet United States of America

Direct TV False information - overcharges Internet

In Nov. 2012, I applied for and was offered a $29.99 cable service package from Direct TV after I phoned a number on my ATT landline bill.  In Dec. a technician installed a dish and a black box and established cable service to my HD Sony Bravia 40" TV set.    The bill for December 2012 was for $42.00; I complainted to Direct TV but their representatives refused to discuss the billing issue and the fact that I had applied and promised the 29.99 package.

I then filed with the BBB.  The company replaced the initial box with a smaller box - the picture was very bad and some channels were removed.  I refused the company's solution because I no longer had HD when my Sony is an HD receiver!    I then returned the cable cards and requested that the company removed their black boxes from my property.

I was shocked when I restored my regular TV antenna to find that my TV is no longer HD.  I believe that the Direct TV equipment damaged my set.

I found out that no matter what package the consumer requests, Direct TV will install a box called a "Genie" and overcharge customers.  Their representative outright lied to me and the package that was offered was not the one that I was billed for; the company refuses to negotiate with regular customers and they are a multi-billion company because they overcharge customers as was my case.

I do not know how to restore the HD in my Sony HD TV.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-False-information-overcharges-Internet-1037755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV