Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Submitted: Wed, October 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: Barbara — Richfield Utah United States of America
Direct TV

Direct TV I canceled DTV because I was lied to re services and fees and they hit me with a 352.00 ETF. DTV attempting to take money from an account that has been cancelled. Internet

I cancelled DTV as the services they provided were not what I was  told they would be by the sales rep and the charges were not what I had agreed to. DTV charged me 350.00 for an early cancellation fee.  I had a choice of sticking it out with them for 2 years and being overcharged every month or getting stuck with the early termination fee.

I opted out and had every intention of paying the full fee.  I emailed them and told them I couldn't pay the entire 350.00 at one time but I would be able to pay some money each month until it was paid off in total. They said "no, we want it all within 21 days". Well before the 21 days were up they placed a charge of 350.00 on my credit card account which had been closed.

I had lost my credit card and for safety closed the account. The credit card co. told me the account could not be accessed as it was closed. DTV placed the charge on the cc account anyway. The credit card co said that the charge might not go through but if it did I should dispute it and I intend to do just that. I will, however honor the charges but on my terms.  I still  intend to pay them  and the payments will be by money order.

If this doesn't suit them they can send it to collections and hopefully the collection co  will be easier to deal with. I'll send my payments to collections instead. I hope that DTV would prefer to be paid than to pester an old lady. I'm not afraid of their threats as I'm 80 with nothing much to lose. I have an excellent credit rating but if DTV ruins it so what?  I don't need credit anyway.

I will pay them if they back off and allow me pay them as I desire to do.  I have never skipped on a legitimate bill although I'm not convinced their charge is legitimate but I will pay just to get them out of my life.  I have printed out the emails of my offers to pay them and their refusals to accept my  payments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-I-canceled-DTV-because-I-was-lied-to-re-services-and-fees-and-they-hit-me-with-a-950161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV