Indian

• Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: cmelange — Livonia Michigan United States of America
Direct TV

Direct TV Misleading Sales tactics Internet

Direct Tv has service representatives in Retail Stores, who represent them and sell their service.
My family and I were stopped and enticed to change our cable service to Direct TV based on the information she provided us. Also stating that the deal she would give us in the store was better than we could get online.

We were promised the Entertainment package with the nfl sunday ticket, nba, nhl and some nascar package for 57.99 which was great. We picked the Entertainment package because she was giving us all the sports packages therefore it was fine that the package didn't include them.

Well come to find out we did not get any of the sports packages with our deal. Direct TV basically told me their representative lied to us and that because they are not "technically" their employees they don't have to honor what she sold us.

So, I promptly cancelled the service on the installation day. They didn't even try to make up for the misrepresentation by offering a package that included the basic sports channels, unless I wanted to pay for it.

I really don't know how they think the sales personnel selling customers these packages are not part of their company. They represent themselves as direct tv employees and the company should be held responsible for what these people are selling.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-Misleading-Sales-tactics-Internet-1008487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV