Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: Jennifer Lamb — Moran Kansas United States of America
Direct TV

Direct TV Rebate is a Total Scam Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Directv

We ordered Direct TV in August 2011. Nothing was mentioned about filling out a rebate form. My first month was twice what it should be but I thought it was a pro-rated bill for the next month. The second bill was twice as much so I called. Oh, I didn't fill out the rebate form. So I got online and did that the very same day - I confirmed and jumped through every hoop. The next bill was double as well. The customer rep told me it takes 8 weeks to process a rebate. Really? Isn't technology a little better than that - especially when it's all done online. I told her I was paying what I should be paying - half the bill. She said that was fine because the rebate was processing and should be completed before the next bill. I got home last night - my service is off. I was on the phone for 30 minutes - got to 3rd level management - got disconnected. Got on phone for 23 minutes to 3rd level management - got disconnected. Then was on the phone for 1 hour and got nowhere.

Basically, I am screwed. I have to pay double what I agreed to pay because now they are saying I didn't fill out the rebate in time (90 days - I've only had the service 90 days) and I didn't fill it out properly. I get a different answer with each person I talk to in the corrupt company. I am a legal secretary and do not feel that I am an unintelligent person. I know I did what I was supposed to do. And why do I need to fill out a rebate? Isn't my being a customer for 2 years good enough??? Not to mention, the reps were very rude to me. They disconnected me twice and then told me I don't need to be rude when I called for the third time. Wow. That cannot be legal to do what they are doing to people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2011 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-Rebate-is-a-Total-Scam-Internet-Internet-800847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

Directv

AUTHOR: Lorenzen - (U.S.A.)

I also am a subscriber to Directv, having been installed only a couple of months ago.  There is absolutely NO RIPOFF here.  It PLAINLY states on the Directv website that in order to receive any rebates, free programming, etc. you MUST fill out the form located on the website.  There are even instructions that walk you through the process STEP BY STEP !!!  What could be more simple ??

You would have to be a complete idiot not to be able to follow these instructions.  And, then you complain that the CSRs are admonishing you for being rude to them ??  Well, that pretty much tells the whole story, including the parts you so conveniently omitted, doesn't it ?

And, NO, it most certainly is NOT illegal for them to ask you to simply fill out a form, which by the way tells them WHICH rebates, free programming, etc. you are entitled to receive.  There are different rebates and free programing for different customers.  It took me all of 5 minutes to fill out my form.

I certainly hope I never need legal services from the firm for which YOU work.  I can just imagine the quality of legal advice I would receive from an attorney who is stupid enough to hire YOU !!  Cretin.