Complaint Review: Direct TV

Direct TV Stole money without my authorization!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Dealing with Direct TV

*Consumer Comment: so????

Direct Tv

Honestly, I am very shocked, disappointed and pissed off with Direct TV. Not only did they steal money out of my account of $710.67 but, completely put me in a horrible situation. I am a single mother of 2 boys (5&8) with no child support. And, they stole everything that I had in my bank account, This was an unauthorized transaction and I was definitely not notified prior. I have filed a complaint and was told my refund of $100.00 could take up to 10 days? I don't have TEN days!

I have done everything I can do. But, what now...

Direct TV employees illegally stored my bank account information and used it to steal $710.67 of my money out of my bank account without contacting me (no mail or call) I did not authorize this transaction at all! This will cost me so much more than what they stole. I have bills to pay. And I can't pay them. Direct Tv stole everything that I had and took my money WITHOUT my knowledge! By the looks of everything I have read about Direct Tv I am not the only one that has fallen by their fraudulent actions! I have also filed a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission, OAG and the BBB. When my bank opens up on Monday morning I will be filing another complaint there. Then, calling my lawyer!

Thank you Direct TV for knocking down a woman that was just barely getting ahead and rebuilding her life with her two boys. Your ethics and morals in life and how you run your business disgust me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-Stole-money-without-my-authorization-Internet-1063258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

Dealing with Direct TV

AUTHOR: Karla - ()

Amber,

I had a similar experience with Direct TV. They took every penny from my bank account without my authorization using my debit card which they had on file. Agreed you should file a complaint with your bank to dispute the transaction. I did and I won the dispute. My bank reimbursed the money immediately, although, it took awhile for them to dispute the case with Direct TV. It is illegal for anyone to make unauthorized withdrawals on your account without your permission.  However, Direct TV will tell you otherwise because of the small print on back of the bill. Therefore unless you signed something, they are in the wrong and it’s illegal. Also, be sure to get a new debit card so Direct TV will not have your new card number on file. Then if you should pay anything towards your account, I suggest you pay with cash at Wal-Mart or another payment center. You will be charge a small fee usually ranging from $1.50 to $3.00 which is well worth it to avoid dealing with Direct TV. Also, I advise you to file a complaint with the Attorney General in your state. The Attorney General representative in my state said they had already sued Direct TV once. Hopefully, they will again. One more thing, their collection agency is called C B Group so do not give them your credit card number or debit card number. As for me I do not talk to them, because they will give you the same run around as Direct TV.

Best Wishes,

Karla

P.S. Just noticed that we are from the same state. Please do not let anyone make feel guilty for subscribing to Direct TV. TV and internet is necessary if for no other reason than to get the weather report.

so????

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

What is the reaso they took money out of your account?? You fail to specify the reason.  I love Directv and have had them for many years with no problem at all.

They are not responsible for you not getting child support - go file for child support in court.  If you cannot support your children then you do not need Directv nor the internet.  These are not basic necessities of life.  They are luxuries.