Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Submitted: Sun, June 10, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2012

• Reported By: Joe Petersen — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Direct TV

Direct TV directv.com told me I would receive pre-record dvr progams on 3 Tvs -later(2 days after instalaion ) Told need $ 400 more equip. to do that. Internet

*Author of original report: direct tv ok after all

Ordered Sat. TV over tele. Want 1 DVR recorder and able to watch pre-recorded shows on 2 other TVs.

Sales man said O.K. ,can do. Asked if I had Hd TV. ,answer no HD tvs in house . Told no Problem, can upgrade later. Instalation day, Installer tells me yes ,you can record on 1 TV whatch on all 3 TVs. He then installs equip that will not do that.

Shows me 1 Tv that is working fine tells me that all 3 tvs can replay pre-record ings back.I sign contact, next after installation i find that I can  only play bach shows on 1 TV.

Call custermer service told I had to buy 3 new HD Tvs plus $400 of equip.After only 3 days of service want $400 to cancel contact that  was not what ordered and I did not get servive I was promised. At least 3 different people lied to me just to get me to sign the contact.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2012 12:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-directvcom-told-me-I-would-receive-pre-record-dvr-progams-on-3-Tvs-later2-day-895378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

direct tv ok after all

AUTHOR: Joe Petersen - (United States of America)

after several phone calls to directv they did install the equipment that I was to originally told I would receive.

I did not have to pay any extra fees. I am now happy with the service.

modest