Complaint Review: Direct T.V.

• Submitted: Fri, October 05, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: get your hands out of my pocket — bishop California United States of America
Direct T.V.

Direct T.V. locked into a scam by Direct T.V. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not right

We have had Direct T.V. service for about a year and then moved to a new location.  We took all the previous equiptment, dish, recievers, ect.  They came out and set us up.  No problem.  They then offered "Free" NFL Sunday Ticket.  I declined.  We are not intrested in football.  I fiquered no problem.  A few months go by and I am noticing an increase in my bill.  We don't have a paper bill coming to the house, we have set up auto pay with a credit card.  Big mistake.

Apperently Direct T.V. began charging for NFL Sunday Ticket.  $32.99 a month.  When I called to inquire, they had already helped themselves to 3 months of this service that I did'nt even know about or care to watch.  I was told that I called 4 days to late.  That the season had already began and that I could not be credited and get this, I am not allowed to cancel!!!!

I was told I would have another 4 months of this fraudulant charge taken from our credit card that they had on file.  I sent an E-mail to them, spoke to supervisors, requested that they take a look at our viewing history so that they could see that we did not watch NFL Sunday Ticket EVER!!  Remember, when the offered it to us I said NO!!! does'nt matter.  This is staight out fraud and stealing!  can anyone help or advise please.  This is over $230.00 out of our checking account that they just helped themselves to, wont return, and won't let us cancel until the end of the football season.  Unbelievable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/internet/Direct-TV-locked-into-a-scam-by-Direct-TV-Internet-951205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct T.V.

Not right

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

They should have at least issued some sort of credit to your account. I think thats the least they could have done.