Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By: unhappy customer — newberg Oregon
Direct TV
po box 54000, los angeles, California USA

Direct TV Un authorized deduction of $500 lousey customer service los angeles California

Direct tv agreed to upgrade to Genie $500 value for free with 2 yr contract extention. I agreed, 2 days before installer arrives I get a bill for $500. I call, which I hate because it takes 30 min +, and cancell order. They agree.  2 weeks later they deduct $500 from my acct. I call they are sorry will return funds in 5-7 days... I call they are sorry for being sorry will return funds in 3-5 days.... 4 calls and hours (litterally) of talking to them and escalating to supervisors. By the way there call center is in the Phillapines, they claim they will do it again...

My advise is. if you want poor service and long waits on the phone. If you want to be charged more and more every couple of months. If you want to keep your shitty equipment when they are giving it for free to new customers. You may like them

I have been thier customer for over 5 years, you have to call them every year and point out what they are charing new customers and wrestle for discounts. I have origional remotes which don't work well, if I want a new one I must pay... I don't have hd service anymore to get a service call I must pay... Each phone call is at least 30 min usually alot more...

I am paying $100 per month and they don't care...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/los-angeles-California-900541000/Direct-TV-Un-authorized-deduction-of-500-lousey-customer-service-los-angeles-California-1083796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV