Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: John — Las Vegas Nevada
Direct TV
Nationwide USA

Direct TV DIRECTV So Called Moving Deal Nationwide

*Author of original report: DIRECTV moving deal?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2014 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/nationwide/Direct-TV-DIRECTV-So-Called-Moving-Deal-Nationwide-1165084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

DIRECTV moving deal?

AUTHOR: John - ()

I have been a DirectTV customer for over a year. I am planning on moving to a new location next week. I have been a customer before under my own name for years prior and moved with no issues and no fees. This time the representative stated it is a $77 fee if i Transfer my boxes to the new house. I told him i couldn't afford an additional $77 on top of my monthly $110 bill. He then stated the best he could do is $20 to move me instead of the 77$. Everywhere including the commericals says its a free MOVING deal. Nothing like fees are stated in fine print either. Shouldn't it be written somewhere that the deals include almost $100 in fees? I am a loyal customer who has paid on time every month with auto bill pay. I stated I have moved prior on another account FREE but he still wouldnt do anything. I cant afford the $200 up front fee to cancel so I am stuck paying the $20. I am asking nicely, to please refund me the $21 for the "delivery" fee since especially i didn't upgrade my boxes as i am taking the boxes with me to the new home. THank you! The account is under John Small. Account number is 64922188