Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: Carol — Elkton Maryland
Direct TV
Nationwide USA

Direct TV Overcharged for equipment Elkton Maryland

*Consumer Comment: I'm just a little curious..

I was overcharged for equipment.  I had a receiver in a second bedroom which I had not used in months.  I decided to cancel the receiver and was told that particular receiver had already been deactivated in 2011.  I did not deactivate it and it was still on my invoice.  They had me paying for a receiver which they deactivated but had not removed from my invoice for over two years!!!.  Upon further investigation they showed a receiver which I never had activated on Oct. 2012.  I don't know what receiver they are talking about but they only will credit me one month of $6.00 for a receiver which they got money for 17 months which I never had such a receiver​.  They will not credit me any more than the $6.00.  Clearly a ripoff!!!   Not even as a good customer will they credit my account.  I have been a good customer since 2006 but that will change now.  They want 3 days to investigate the situation and they will get back to me with their findings which we know will be in their favor.  Clearly they don't care about keeping customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2014 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/nationwide/Direct-TV-Overcharged-for-equipment-Elkton-Maryland-1134691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

I'm just a little curious..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"Not even as a good customer will they credit my account.  I have been a good customer since 2006 but that will change now."

What company will you switch to? Infinity/Comcast, Dish Network, other?  Read the reviews on all of them on this site and see if you will better your position.

"They want 3 days to investigate the situation and they will get back to me with their findings which we know will be in their favor."

Who are/is "We?"

No, I don't work for them or even like/use their service, but don't shoot yourself in the foot to "show them."