farmers

• Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: disabled veteran — Antelope California United States of America
Direct TV
sacramento, California United States of America

Direct TV Direct tv bait and switch! Go screwed by accepting free football package.. sacramento, California

*Consumer Comment: Uh fella, you were not ripped off.

Direct TV ripped me off! I am a disabled veteran, I live on my disability check from the VA month to month. My direct tv contract ran out, all my discounts expired and my bill was sky high so I called to change my plan to a more affordable rate. My bill was about $89.00 a month. They put me on what they said was the next plan down. I got half the channels as before. (still had all 200 of the info-mercial channels) They said my bill would be $55.00 a month. AND! They would "throw in" the sunday football package.... It was all lies and deception. The $55.00 would soon go back to $87.00 a month because my new discounts for signing back up were only for 3 months! So when I called to cancel my subscription because of bait and switch tactics, they hit me with a $100.00 penalty for canceling the football package THEY THROUGH IN!!! Dont fall for this free football package because it obligates you NO MATTER WHAT! EVEN IF YOU ARE A 100% SERVICE CONNECTED DISABLED VETERAN, THEY "JUST CAN'T" FIX THE MISTAKE AND MAKE IT GOOD! IM SCREWED AND I AM GOING TO RIDE THIS OUT TILL MY CONTRACT OBLIGATIONS ARE EXPIRED BUT I AM GOING TO EVERY SINGLE SITE I CAN TO POST A COMPLAINT ABOUT DIRECT TV BEING A RIPOFF!!!

Tell everybody you know!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/sacramento-California-/Direct-TV-Direct-tv-bait-and-switch-Go-screwed-by-accepting-free-football-package-sacr-971964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

Uh fella, you were not ripped off.

AUTHOR: Niko234 - (United States of America)

First, weather you are a veteran or not has no bearing on this argument. Stop using the veteran card for situations in which YOU screwed up. I have had direct tv for years. I too am a service connected disabled combat vet. Direct TV clearly states to you over the phone and it is in writing on their website the "extras" expire in 3 months. Guess what, I too got the same package as you did and you know what I canceled the extra services when they expired and my bill never changed. You need to read up on Direct TV's policys. While I may not agree with the 3 months free programming. It is YOUR responsibility to cancel those services unless you want to pay for them. You got exactly what you asked for. You agreed to their terms and conditions and you failed to cancel your extra channels which is why your bill went up. STOP  PLAYING THE VET CARD!!!!!! You were not ripped off, you did not pay attention.