Complaint Review: Direct To Home Appliances

• Updated: Fri, November 16, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Menifee California United States of America
Direct To Home Appliances
767 Bryant Street Suite 201 San Francisco, California United States of America

Direct To Home Appliances Lied, misrepresented, no refund policy, did not deliver, San Francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: feelin ur pain

*Consumer Comment: Another consumer who never received their order.

*Consumer Comment: I Feel Your PAIN!

I placed an order on August 4, 2010.

I mailed a check for the full amount on August 5, 2010.

Direct To Home Appliances cashed check on August 9, 2010.

Order was placed and products were to be delivered in two weeks.  Two weeks came and went.

Fine print on sales slip states "custom orders" may take up to 30 days.  30 days came and went.

I have placed multiple phone calls to both sales and customer service at Direct To Home Appliances.  Have been given delivery dates that resulted in nothing.  It has been a different story with each person I have talked to.

I have offered to drive to the location where I can pick up the products and have been told that I cannot do so.

I have requested a refund so that I can get on with my life and go somewhere else and I have been told that they have a "No refund policy".

Obtained the actual suppliers confirmation number and followed up with the actual supplier.  I was told everything was ready to go except a small part and that the supplier was waiting on "something" from Direct To Home Appliances.  During a subsequent follow up to the supplier I found out that the order related to the confirmation number I had been provided was voided.

As of September 29, 2010, Direct To Home Appliances has had my money in their pocket for 52 days for an order they said would take two weeks.  I have received nothing to date but a verbal run around and I am no closer to a resolution on this transaction than the day the order was placed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2010 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-To-Home-Appliances/San-Francisco-California-94107/Direct-To-Home-Appliances-Lied-misrepresented-no-refund-policy-did-not-deliver-San-F-645820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct To Home Appliances

feelin ur pain

AUTHOR: art - (United States of America)

My wife placed an order in December 2008. Its now almost 4 years later. I won't tell the whole story, because its the same as everyone elses that has been ripped off by them. They still have all our money. A claim was filed with BBB and they accomplished nothing with them. That claim has been closed for over a year now. Tried twice to file with consumers affairs and they are about as diligent as Direct To Home Appliances was as far as doing anything about it. My last attempt to do anything was to file a claim to the FTC (a government agency). We'll guess how far that went. Nada! All I can say is sorry. You won't get your money back, nor even an apology. I think the only good settlement I get will be if I somehow run into Steve, Jeff, Marianne, or anyone else I've communicated with from them on the street. Still wont get the thousands of dollars back that they stole from me, but I'll get it in trade (know what I mean).

Another consumer who never received their order.

AUTHOR: Seeking Justice - (United States of America)

I won't bore you with my details, but all the same stuff. Ordered a bbq on June 25th and have not received anything to date.  I thought I was making progress when I started getting email responses from Angela Brekker and Steve a week ago...but nothing.  I filed a compaint with the BBB on 11/12 and filed a complaint with the State Attorney General's office today.

I Feel Your PAIN!

AUTHOR: Ben V. - (United States of America)

They have had my money for 140 days.  Just today I tried the online customer service chat with a guy named Sameer (who is the same person we sent our check to by the way).  He provided me with a phone number which just rings and rings.  No satisfaction.  I've contact the DA's office for an investigation and am seeking legal assistance. If anyone else is interested in a class action suit, I'll pay the legal fees.