Complaint Review: Direct Tv

• Submitted: Thu, June 11, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 12, 2009

• Reported By:Highland springs Virginia
Direct Tv
www.directtv.com Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Direct Tv WATCH YOUR BANK ACCOUNT WITH DIRECT TV!!! Richmond Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Not illegal

I am very disappointed that Bank Of America even got involved with Direct TV. Why would they find no fault of Direct TV causing an over draft when Direct TV had no right to take any money out of my checking account.

I tried to remove my card info on their web site and it would not let me.

Also, I always make one time payments myself since my pay checks fell on different dates.

I want every single payment to a bank to have my approval
When I saw my account was in the negative.

I went right away to the BOA they said the reason was because of Direct TV's receiver.

When did Bank of America go in the business of refunding Direct TV for receivers?

I asked the Lady is Bank of America and Direct TV owned by the same company? She said no.

As I stated to the Lady on the phone Direct TV lied that was my receiver I bought at Circuit City!

BOA said they said it was theirs and I said by making a statement to the Bank it was their way away for them to collect $172 they said I owed.

For watching which half the time when it snowed and rains and yes they knew the problem they had two dishes on my property and still problems.

When I talked on the phone to a associate of Direct Tv because they disconnected my service said "so what I knew Direct TV did not always worked in the bad weather" and at that same time I told her I did not have $172.

I had $100 and she said no she wanted it all.

I have fault with them over and over on the bill one time they put customer owned by the receiver then lease owned this has been going back and forth
since 2005!!

They keep this up in hopes they can wear you down.
Since I was just laid off... I told them that was fine keep it off because I had no money.

Direct TV will need to stand in line with the rest of my debt collectors until
I can get another job.

I just do not understand What special treatment should Direct TV get by Bank of America to get in my account without a judgement by a court??

I went back to BOA to showed them the letter that it was my receiver and theletter read saying oh sorry you should not have shipped back the receiver
keeping the $172 and refunding $200.

I told BOA I was upset that they did not protect their customers better than that. The lady there got up from behind her desk she did not read the letter and walked me over and told the teller said it is easy and just closed out my account! That was my support?? Like oh well!!!

So right now I have to pick my battles. I am losing my home, my car, I will be 58 and no job and no treatment for my cancer . I am new here in this state I have no family I am in hardship. Now Bank of America is wanting money for overdraft fees that I did not cause.

It makes me sad that Bank of America working a long side of Direct TV to help them collect from customers and the bank is allowing them to cause a over draft and comes to me to collect when it was them who should pay.

Since they lied to the Bank about the receiver. How many customers have Direct TV done this to I wonder??

Why with all this hardship Bank Of America would allow any company come into their customer's checking account without notifying their customer first
or a court order???

Direct TV's bully behavior!! The fact that they can go into a checking account without permission has got to be against the law. What protection do we have? Who is protecting us???

Kayster
Highland springs, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2009 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Tv/Richmond-Virginia/Direct-Tv-WATCH-YOUR-BANK-ACCOUNT-WITH-DIRECT-TV-Richmond-Virginia-460912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Tv

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

When you signed the installation slip you gave them permission to draft fees from your account. Its sneaky, but its in there.

As for the equipment, if you read the boxes at best buy or circuit city that you buy, it says you are just leasing the equipment. That you never own it. Even though you went to the store and paid 99$ or whatever for it, you are still just leasing it.

BoA did nothing wrong, DirecTV had a signed contract saying they could do these things. You might see if you still have a copy of the installation form they make you sign. Its all on there.