Complaint Review: Direct Tv

• Reported By: Eve — gainesville Georgia United States of America
Direct Tv

Direct Tv DIRECT TV PRACTICING BAIT AND SWITCH WITH REFERRAL PROGRAM , Internet

*Consumer Comment: I Believe You

I carefully inquired with Direct TV, online, via phone and in person with the installer,  and was told Direct TV offered a referral incentive plan for anyone who referred you to Direct TV along with anyone who you referred.  I carefully questioned and explored any and all "got ya's" and clarified all ambiguities I could think of and was satisfied that the deal I was offered was genuine -----  but it turned out to be a big "bait and switch" scam!
I spent about two hours again today with Direct TV's "customer NO service" in a vain attempt to get them to honor their offer and promises to me and my two neighbors.
They now tell me that what I was promised is simply untrue and did not apply to the plan I purchased, and that the person referring me to Direct TV, as well as the person who I referred (and had direct TV installed yesterday) are simply out of luck, -- that representations promised me by various Direct TV salespeople were not true and would not be honored.   Turns out the referral plan exists but has so many loop holes that are known only to Direct TV. that it's just really an elaborate scam to dupe recruitment of new customers along with their two year contracts.   Now, I have the humiliating job of going to my two neighbors, the one who referred me as well as the one I referred) and, tell each one that we have been duped by Direct TV.
Shame on Direct TV!  Don't believe a word they tell you.  They lie, and lie, and lie,,,, and then they swear to it!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Tv/internet/Direct-Tv-DIRECT-TV-PRACTICING-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-WITH-REFERRAL-PROGRAM-Internet-907611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Tv

I Believe You

AUTHOR: cracker - (United States of America)

Yes I know you are telling the truth about Directv. They are now a dishonest company. We had service with them for 12 years. Over the past year, management or something has changed with that company. They started taking away programs and trying to make us purchase up graded services. We didn't want anything other than what we had. Needless to say we canceled Directv. Received our final bill about 3 weeks after shipping them their box's and paid in full. About 3 weeks later received another bill from Directv showing a balance owed of $0.00 paid in full. Approx. one month later received a phone call from them saying that after reviewing the box's they found 5 movies that had not been billed. I asked what movies? They told me and I looked back through the old statements from them and emails, saw that the movies they found on the box were the free movies we had earned over the past few years. Each month they would send us a buy 4 get 1 free, either through email or USPS, sometimes received just a Free movie pass. Longer story short, they did not want to send me a bill showing the movies listed, instead after 4 months from the date I had disconnected and paid in full, and had received the $0.00 balance owed bill, they sent another bill only showing a balance due for the 5 (free) movies. No list in writing just an unpaid balance. When I called and questioned they didn't know what I was talking about and said it just shows you owe that amount. So I did pay it (donated to them) and now tell everyone DO NOT have service with Directv.  We switched to Dish, they too have to have oversight. They did tell us one thing and did another. After a few months they finally did what they said and as along as they stick to their word, Dish and I will be great buds. But do not go Directv.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC