Complaint Review: Direct USA Foods

• Updated: Thu, May 20, 2010

• Reported By: Elyse — North Charleston South Carolina United States of America
Direct USA Foods
2652 Bonds Avenue North Charleston, South Carolina United States of America

Direct USA Foods Illegal Solicitation, Initially Refused to Leave North Charleston, South Carolina

These guys came knocking on my apartment door about 7:30pm last night.  I live in a complex that has posted signs saying NO Solicitation Allowed, and that the North Charleston Police Department have jurisdiction on the property.

When they knocked on my door, my boyfriend and I were literally just stepping out of the shower.  He answered in boxers, while I hurriedly got dressed.  He tells me the guy tried to push his way in the door enough to see the inside of our apartment!!  This is completely unacceptable, especially when the person opening the door is obviously not prepared to have visitors.  The guy tried to negotiate with him right away; I'm surprised he didn't stick his foot in the door when my boyfriend just closed it on his face.

At this point, I'm furious about this - who blatantly ignores the policies of an apartment complex, and just normal common sense, to try to get a new sale?  So I head out the door, fully dressed, and demand to see his permits to go door-to-door.  He pulls out a sales license for the city, but when I ask to see his permission to come into this complex, he admits he doesn't have any.  I told him that he needs to leave NOW, as this property does NOT allow solicitors, especially not ones who don't have the permission of the Front Office.  He LAUGHS at me, and continues on with knocking on doors.

I called my property's on-site security officer at that point, who had to restate that they must leave.  So they jump in their truck... and pull around to another building!!  It wasn't until the security officer pulled out his phone and announced he's calling the cops out that these guys finally left.

Whatever company would even think of hiring such rude, ignorant idiots as these!?  What company would continue to keep an employee on payroll that ignores posted warnings, the warnings of his own potential customer base, and even the warnings of security officers?  Do you really need the threat of  LOSING your license in order to get the hint that you're not welcome around here?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2010 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-USA-Foods/North-Charleston-South-Carolina-29405/Direct-USA-Foods-Illegal-Solicitation-Initially-Refused-to-Leave-North-Charleston-South-605199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct USA Foods