Complaint Review: Direct energy

• Submitted: Fri, July 09, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 09, 2010

• Reported By: Janice — Waterford New York United States of America
Direct energy

Direct energy A young man came to our door and flashed a badge stating that he worked for Direct Energy. He said he needed to spreak to the person that handled our gas bill. He then asked to see our bill. He said , Internet

A young man came to  my door and flased a badge and stated that he worked for Direct Energy and needed to speak with the person that handled the fuel bill. After seeing the bill he said that he wanted to offer us protection from our variable rate by giving us a fixed rate of .07

He said that the variable rates would be going up and since we were already a customer of Direct Energy he was being sent out to try and help people save money by getting a fixed rate, much like a mortgage which can be fixed or variable. He also said they would not charge a delivery fee like National Grid does. He said our neighbors were using alot of energy with pools and air conditioners and that was contributing to a rate increase by National Grid.

I asked him to show me his badge again, which he did and then he very quickly asked for my phone number so he could call and sign us up for the fixed rate.  But I told him I wanted to check past bills to see how much the rate had changed over the past two years. It turned out that my variable rate had been much lower than the fixed rate he was offering.

He seemed surprised and commented that most people don't save their old bills and then after examining the bills again, he claimed that it looked like we didn't need his service because the rates were low enough on the variable rate. He couldn't get out the door fast enough.

During the whole time he was in my house he seemed nervous and never really answered the questions we asked him.  I saw two other men, going door to door also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2010 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-energy/internet/Direct-energy-A-young-man-came-to-our-door-and-flashed-a-badge-stating-that-he-worked-for-621830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct energy