Complaint Review: Direct to home appliances

• Updated: Wed, December 08, 2010

• Reported By: Janet — Lander Wyoming United States of America
Direct to home appliances
767 Bryant Street, Suite 201 San Francisco, California United States of America

Direct to home appliances Choose hot tubs direct stole our money for an outdoor kitchen and never delivered the product San Francisco, California

*Author of original report: They are no longer CalSpa Dealers

We've also been ripped off by Direct To Home Appliances.  Ordered an outdoor kitchen and paid $3923 in August 2010.  Todd in sales took my order, insisted on a check (this shoud have clued me in), said the items would ship in 30 days.  To date, we have never received our products.  After the 30 days passed, Todd was Mr. Nasty and wouldn't help, passed us on to Sameer, who passed us on to Angela Brekkar.  My last correspondence with Angela in October, she promised the delivery on 12/5.  I have been emailing Angela all week with no response.  When I look-up her name in their phone directory, she doesn't exist, so can only assume she no longer works for the company.  No one answers in customer service the phone just rings and rings.  I call the sales department and they always answer, obviously to take more money from unsuspecting consumers, but they are nasty and will not help, they just keep passing you off to customer service which appears to be non-existant.  We are interested in joining a class-action suit to stop these thieves.  I have filed a complaint with the SF BBB but it was closed due to no response from the company.  And I have written to the San Franciso district attorney's office.  Unfortunately, we have built our customer's outdoor kitchen to spec and can't just go buy some other product as it will not fit into the stucco enclosure.  We are contractor's and this also affects our business reputation, as we have been unable to complete the job for our customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2010 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-to-home-appliances/San-Francisco-California-94107/Direct-to-home-appliances-Choose-hot-tubs-direct-stole-our-money-for-an-outdoor-kitchen-an-669482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct to home appliances

They are no longer CalSpa Dealers

AUTHOR: Janet - (United States of America)

I just learned today by calling CalSpas directly that Direct To Home Appliances is no longer a CalSpa Dealer.  When I explained to CalSpas what happened to me they knew right away upon hearing Direct To Home Appliances and were very apologetic.  They stated that they received so many complaints against Direct To Home Appliances that they cancelled their CalSpa dealer account over a month ago!

Buyer beware!!  They can never deliver CalSpa or CalFlame products because their account has been closed by the manufacturer.

I am new to this website and don't know how to look up anyone filing a lawsuit against this company.  Please contact me, as I am definitely interested in joining a class action lawsuit.