Complaint Review: Direct t.v.

• Submitted: Fri, December 23, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 02, 2012

• Reported By: Juliette — Paducah Kentucky United States of America
Direct t.v.
, Missouri United States of America

Direct t.v. Customer 6 years. Gave ultimatum that was impossible to meet. www.directv.com, Missouri

*Author of original report: direct t.v. customer service impossible

I've been a long-time customer.  I placed my account on suspended service as I was going out of state for several months.  I started getting phone calls from Direct t.v. (day and night).  They wouldn't leave me any messages and wouldn't stop calling. I had Sprint block them from calling.  I called the 800 number of Direct t.v. and complained.  They said it wasn't them.  866-544-8416.   There are lots of complaints from other people on the internet saying the same thing.  Then a week later I got a "past due" bill.  What???

I called Direct t.v. and told  them to cancel my service.  They asked questions like "did I have a second home?" "what company was I going with"?, etc.   The gal I spoke to said if I didn't return the receivers in 21 days I would be charged for them.  I told her I wouldn't be back for five weeks.  She more or less said "too bad".  Today, I got another bill showing a slightly higher balance.  It has been paid.  I don't owe them any money.  I'll gladly return the receivers when I get home in another 5 weeks.

I would have a friend go into my place and mail them off but Direct t.v. is mailing the boxes to where I'm vacationing (they said I should get them in a week) and my mail is being forwarded -- so  it's impossible to meet the time-frame.  This should be simple:  I should be able to return the receivers when I return 5 weeks from now and that should be it.  I don't want them trying to take money out of my checking account (this account was set-up by my deceased husband).  I haven't authorized anything but it sounds like they are unscrupulous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2011 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-tv/-Missouri-/Direct-tv-Customer-6-years-Gave-ultimatum-that-was-impossible-to-meet-wwwdirectvco-813351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct t.v.

direct t.v. customer service impossible

AUTHOR: catwoman - (United States of America)

I have received 3 different bill amounts in 3 weeks.  I owe nothing.  I called a few days ago to report I have not received any boxes to return my receivers.  Brian said he could give me a deal for $29/mo.  NO.  I want the boxes so I can return the receivers.  He said he would have to check tracking number on boxes and I would have to talk to someone else.  NO.  Send me the boxes!!!  See what I mean??