Complaint Review: DirectBuy UCC Total Home

• Updated: Wed, August 29, 2007

• Reported By:Plumas Lake California
DirectBuy UCC Total Home
https://members.directbuy.com Rocklin, California United States of America

Direct BuyDirectBuy UCC Total Home Charged me almost $6000 and can't do a return or exchange Ripoff Rocklin California

*Author of original report: Direct Buy Rocklin, CA Rip-Off you don't get what they promise

False TV Advertisment

I'm a member of Direct Buy which cost me almost $6000.00 and I purchased a GE microwave, trim kit and a wall oven through them, and I picked it up from them about a week ago. I'm having my house rebuild because it had burnt up on December the 16, 2006 and I told my contractor that I wanted to pick the appliance out myself, so he gave me the opportunity to pick them out myself. When he was about to install them he noticed I had bought all the piece separate. He called me and told me that I was suppose to have gotten on unit and I told him I thought they was separate before because both the microwave and wall oven had clocks on them and he said no it was one unit and that I need to return them for the one unit. I gave Direct Buy a call and told asked them what the return police was and they said I could only return the product within 48 hours per GE. I said it still in the boxes and I don't want to just return them I want to exchange them and pay the difference if I have too and he told me he was sorry and there wasn't anything he could do, but he knew of people selling the things they can't return on EBay and I said WOW I really can't believe this.

I decided to see if I could get some help from GE because I never sold anything on EBay and I still need the one unit wall oven and microwave and I don't have time to try to sell something I feel I should be able to return it if I would have went to any other department store I've could of exchanged it with no problem so I really cant understand this. I bought all the other appliance with them, cook top, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer are all GE and I cant afford to just go buy another wall oven and hold on to this one I don't need.

Their customer service is really poor and I wish I would have never given them my money, because I don't see where I'm really saving any money when I have to rent trucks and pick up the things that's way out of my way and they don't and I guess will not get a delivery service.

Pea Plumas Lake, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2007 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectBuy-UCC-Total-Home/Rocklin-California/Direct-BuyDirectBuy-UCC-Total-Home-Charged-me-almost-6000-and-cant-do-a-return-or-excha-270871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectBuy UCC Total Home

Direct Buy Rocklin, CA Rip-Off you don't get what they promise

AUTHOR: Pea - (U.S.A.)

I have been trying to deal with Direct Buy to get my house fixed and they are not helpful at all. They charged me so much money to be a member so I can save money on items for my house but I'm not saving any after going out and comparing prices with other stores. There prices are the same and higher. Then it makes me feel so bad to think about $6000.00 membership fee that I had to give them to join, and I'm not saving with them. My home was burnt up and the money that I gave them for membership was for me to furnish my home and when you hear thier sales pitch you would believe that your going to save so much money that you would have saved more then the membership fees in no time at all. Now I'm out of almost $6000.00 and I still need to buy furniture for my home and I'm not getting any kind of the savings that they promised me.