Complaint Review: DirectBuy

• Reported By:stuttgart Arkansas
DirectBuy
12120 Colonel Glenn Road Little Rock, Arkansas United States of America

DirectBuy ripoff Little Rock Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: NANNA NANNA NAHH NAHHH !!

*Consumer Comment: satisfied DirecctBuy member

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DirectBuy in Little Rock and Bentonville, Ar...you dont know the half of it....

I am going to start building a house, I seen the commercial about DirectBuy saving alot of people money so I got on the internet and filled out a request to tour the showroom. I received a letter in the mail which didn't state anything about paying $3590.00 when I come. I also received 2 phone calls making sure that I was going to be there and again I was not told that I would need to bring money. I drove about an hour to get there I set and watched films and listened to sales people for over an hour before I was told that in order to look at any of the so called great deals I must pay them $3590.00 membership fee and if I wanted I could also pay $500.00 down and $90.00 a month for 3 years. When I told them that I was going to have to think about this they said that if I didn't do it right now that I would not be allowed to comeback ever. This really made me think that this was kind of crazy, so I asked to talk to the owners and lucky enough one was there. VICKY SMITH told me that I should have been informed about this already, Ha! She said that the manufacturers would not allow me to hear about these great deals and not become a memeber. I don't know what I could possible have learned in waiting a day or a week or however long it took me to decide, that could have upset the manufacturers so much since i wasn't even allowed to look at any of the great deals or compare anything with anything. I smell ripoff and I hope that whoever reads this doesn't pay $3590.00 for a hope to save money.

Mike stuttgart, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2004 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectBuy/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72160/DirectBuy-ripoff-Little-Rock-Arkansas-117214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectBuy

NANNA NANNA NAHH NAHHH !!

AUTHOR: Consumer19 - (U.S.A.)

I spent a little money for the Private Membership and to this day I can walk into the WalMART most of you "I Don Wanna" be a member benchmark your prices at, and still end up buying better more name brand items than you, and have money left to buy more. oh I think Hilliary wont be the next pres. Take that conservative view to Target. Best Buy, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, Furniture World and whatever other I stay cheap by researching the best price place you decide to shop at and then know that everything you buy there. I am Getting it SOOOO much Cheaper!! NANNA NANNA NAHHH NAAAHH Fruitcakes!

satisfied DirecctBuy member

AUTHOR: Amateur Stargazer - (U.S.A.)

It seems like submissions from ex-employees should be taken with a grain of salt. Why are you an ex-employee? Are you a disgruntled, dismissed employee? I just place 3 huge Ashley orders, two of them were here in 1 week, in perfect condition-plus I saved hundreds of dollars. I know other members that have been members for 15-20 years, why would they continue to renew if they were not saving money? I guess it is like any other company, satisfied customers do not take the time to write about it. Dissatisfied people will write, they may have a valid point or they may be the type of people who are never happy no matter what you do for them, I don't know. Anyway-I will go on the record as a satisfied customer.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DirectBuy in Little Rock and Bentonville, Ar...you dont know the half of it....

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

As an ex employee of Jim Smith and his wife Vickie, I can tell you of all the horror stories of DirectBuy. The actual name of the Smith's companies are Best Home Solutions(Sherwood,Ar) and All Home Interiors(Bentonville,Ar). Any damages or leftovers from DirectBuy stores are sold again at these "retail" outlets owned by the Smiths. The DirectBuy scam is just a franchise, just like Mickey D's or Arbys. Anyone can buy a franchise for your city or state, and make their own deals with local vendors, under the table. Jim and Vickie Smith are ripping off the consumer AND Directbuy, buying most of their Whirlpool, Frigidare, and other appliances and plumbing supplies from local vendors here in Little Rock, Arkansas. The plumbing supplies and appliances are marked up, then sold as "bargains" to the unsuspecting consumer.

The furniture and appliances are checked when they come in on the dock, and if there is any damage, they are "deluxed". That means a furniture doctor comes in and fixes the blemishes and damages where they are not seen by the unsuspecting customer. Only months down the road, as you are closely looking at the part do you see the damage. By then, it is too late. The promises of when the freight will hit the doctor is overstated ( see lied to) by the salespeople and understated by the dock help. Ashley Furniture usually runs THREE MONTHS behind.......not the three to four weeks that the salesman promises. When I left today, there was over 100 customer complaints yet to be resolved out of the DBLR facility alone......and that is not a great thing.......some being over a year old.

Their high pressure tactics are for real also. They use people in the pghone rooms to encourage people what a great deal DirectBuy is, then pop the $4,000.00 membership fee on you. If you dont sign up that day, these snake oil salesman scream at you that you will never be able to come back again. EVER. So take my advice, and theirs, and never do come back.