Complaint Review: DirectBuy

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Terry — Easton Massachusetts U.S.A.
DirectBuy
100A Fallon Rd Stoneham, Massachusetts United States of America

DirectBuy Direct Buy DirectBuy The #1 way to be robbed of thousands of dollars. Stoneham, Massachusetts

In March my wife and I attended their presentation and were sold on the Idea that they had partnerships with manufactures that allow them to sell items far below even the best sales prices. They even had multiple examples
where their prices where half or less off the best advertised sales price. Over the past 8 months I have not found one thing that is a better deal than buying retail, and in some cases Directbuy was actually more expensive. On top of that, the delivery charges tend to negate any perceivable savings. I have also read many complaints that the quality of items bought through DirectBuy tend to be delivered sub-par, damaged, or incorrect. I put down hundreds and am in debt for thousands for a program that does not live up to it's hype. Due to false advertising and misleading sales tactics I have refused to pay on the financed balance until I find even one item I have looked for, at the substantial savings promised. So far with item cost, delivery, and length of time to deliver considered, I have not found one good deal worth the thousands the membership cost. Thus we've never been able to make use of the service and now we can't because they have blocked our account as we will not pay any additional to the finance company for this scam. It's amazing how this company has grown over the past few years and has not had the FTC or CFPB called in on them.

PS. They even offered a job to my unemployed wife if we would only buy their program.  It's been 8 months they did not hire her and still have not found any deals on anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectBuy/Stoneham-Massachusetts-02180/DirectBuy-Direct-Buy-DirectBuy-The-1-way-to-be-robbed-of-thousands-of-dollars-Stoneham-977342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectBuy