• Report: #1082036

• Reported By: widower — Lowell Massachusetts
DirectExpress
, Select State/Province USA

DirectExpress Keeping My money Internet

My wife was having her SS check deposited into a debit card with Direct Express.  Two weeks ago my wife passed away. There is money left on her card. Today I tried to pay a bill with the card. Guess what it is closed and will be at least 90 days before Direct Express will issue me a check for the balance.

Just how is it that they can refuse to allow me to get the balance due to me.  I do understand that the payment for August would have to go back to SS. But there is still a balance for July. I have bills to pay. And that remaining balance is now mine. Were should I go next to get my money sooner?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectExpress/Select-StateProvince/DirectExpress-Keeping-My-money-Internet-1082036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectExpress