Complaint Review: DirectTV

• Reported By: Jean — Lockhart Texas
DirectTV
, Select State/Province USA

DirectTV Deceptive contract El Segundo Ca

*Consumer Comment: You may not...

I signed a contract with New Star Communications, a Direct TV authorized retailer, sales rep, Tanner Sears, for a Direct TV system. The contract was for 2 years and included HBO,SHOWTIME,CINEMAX free for 90 days, and then my bill would increase by $2.00.  I reiterated this to the sales rep a number of times and he assured me I would only receive a $2.00 raise.  My 20 yr old son was there to verify this.

Well, I received my bill and I was charged $47.  I called New Star and left a message-no return call. I called the sales rep twice-no return call. I called DTV and was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours and spoke with 4 reps. Basically I was told, too bad-so sad, they could not honor what I was promised.  I then told them they were in breach of contract, and they could remove the system.  I also told them that my landlord did not agree to have the system on the roof any longer, and wanted me to have it taken down as soon as I could.  Again, they told me they could not help me.

They insisted that I will be charged a cancellation fee and it could not be waived.  This is beyond belief, they lied, they breached a contract, and they want me to pay for the lies their authorized dealer told me,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectTV/Select-StateProvince/DirectTV-Deceptive-contract-El-Segundo-Ca-1090058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectTV

You may not...

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If you said there is a contract, Do you still have it with you? If so, the luck may be on your side. Read the contract and find where the clause you claimed ($2 increased in price). If you don't find the clause, you may not be honored unless there is NO contract at all with you and the company. The reason I said you "may not" because I doubt that there is NO contract at all. If there is a contract, verbal contract is VOID regardless. As a result, there is no breach of contract. You can go to any court and try to argue, and you will lose 100% of the time because written contract superceeds verbal contract.

That is NOT their problem but it is YOURS. If you must take it down because your landlord does not want it, you must find a way to resolve the issue with your landlord. If there is any expense with it, you will very likely have to pay.

If you cannot prove that they breach the contract (with a written contract), you will be charged for a cancellation fee. I highly doubt that you will be able to sue them to get the money back. Sorry...