Complaint Review: DirectV

• Submitted: Thu, May 10, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 10, 2012

• Reported By: PAW — Geneva Florida United States of America

DirectV Direct TV, DirecTV Took money out of my account without authorization Internet

I recently called an cancelled my account because Directv doubled the service cost to almost $100 and I am unemployed so could no longer afford it. I called twice trying to work out an amicable agreement explaining I was no longer working. They were unresponsive and offered no solution. I had to cancel the service. After cancelling I had to call them twice about getting the boxes back to them, and finally received the supplies to return the boxes. I received a final bill for around $50.

A couple of months later I went to use my bank card and it would not work. When I got home I got online and found out Directv had gone into my account and took out almost $300, bouncing my mortgage check and leaving me over $200 in the red. I called immediately, and they were extremely nasty, saying I had cancelled my service, and according to the contract, they could charge me that much money. Funny thing was the contract did not say I would be forced to pay when they increased the amount they charged by almost twice what it was! Because I am unemployed and my husband is disabled and cannot work, we were left with no gas money. Because of the bounced mortgage check, we are in deep trouble with our mortgage company now and probably have accrued almost $150 in charges in addition to being in the red. If I had known they could go into my account like that and charge me whatever they felt like, I would have never signed up to Directv.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectV/internet/DirectV-Direct-TV-DirecTV-Took-money-out-of-my-account-without-authorization-Internet-881062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectV