Complaint Review: Directech, installers For Directv

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 29, 2007

• Reported By:Peabody Massachusetts
Directech, installers For Directv
directv.com Boston, Massachusetts U.S.A.

DirecTECH N.E, installers For Directv, Bluegrass Satellite cable installation hatchet job Boston Massachusetts

* : directv

*Consumer Comment: The lag bolts can be reinstalled without the dish. Pot them in with latex caulk or roof cement.

When Directech N.E. (Directv) installed my cable, they did not tell me that they would be drilling holes from outside in and that I would have blow out holes all over my house. The wires are drilled from the middle of the house going up to the rooms. I also have wires going up through the shingles in my roof. There are staples in my roof also.

They do not tell you that the satellite dish will be mounted with lag bolts, which cannot be removed without making a hole in your roof. This also voids out your roof warranty. They simply say, "Keep the dish in case you decide to come back to us." They make such a mess of your house. I don't know how they are still in business.

Patricia
Peabody, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2007 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directech-installers-For-Directv/Boston-Massachusetts-01960/DirecTECH-NE-installers-For-Directv-Bluegrass-Satellite-cable-installation-hatchet-job-251054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directech, installers For Directv

#1

directv

AUTHOR: paluzzi - (USA)

Hello.

I just read your post and I feel your pain. I used to work for Directv Network and I recently left the company because of all the bad things I've seen them do to their customers. I actually work with Comcast now and help allot of those people resolve their Directv network conflicts and give them so much more satisfaction with their home services. I work with allot of people like yourself and they usually save over $300 a year and are much much happier. I'd like to speak to you further and possibly help you out with your problem. If you're in contract to I can help as well. Call me or email if you'd like.

Anthony (((ROR redacted)))

<font color="red"><a href="/whyedited.asp" target="why"> CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. </a></font>

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

The lag bolts can later be reinstalled withou the dish and then would be hard to see.

The holes are drilled from the outside because that is easier and a damp rag placed where the hole is expected will trap debris. Plasterboard is very easy to patch with plastic spackle. Large holes may require light wood strips as a backup. None of this is hard to do. Spackle in layers until the hole is filled, then sand, then paint.

Repairing "blow out holes" [to use your term] in the outside wall would be a LOT more interesting. And by "a LOT more interesting" I mean a major PITA.