Complaint Review: Directexpress Master card

9601 Amberglen Blvd. Austin, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 1-888-741-1115
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Directexpress Master card Coamerica Bank is stealing Social Security funds Austin, Texas

My Daughter died on June 3, 2012. She had a Directexpress card issued to her to deposit her children's Social Security money. They locked out the account and have been holding the money for 3 months with no end in sight.

Their number is about as useless as anything I have ever seen. When I FINALLY got a human, it was someone in India who I could barely understand. She told me they would send me a form to fill out complete with instructions. After 2 weeks, I received nothing.

I called again & got an American this time. He said they had no record of my call. He did get the form to me in 2 days, however. As instructed, I sent them a certified copy of the death certificate and a copy of my exectorship and guardianship papers for my Grandchildren. They said 4 to 6 weeks to process.

Today (Aug. 27), after 6 weeks, I called again. One lady put me on hold and their phone dropped the call. Call #2 got me some dull sounding lady who said they never received the packet that I sent them. When I gave her the name of the lady that signed for it, I got a grunt. Transferred me to some "Level 2" guy named "Caesar" who wouldn't give me his full name or any other information. Totally stone-walled me. Told me to call Social Security but they were no help either.

Contacting my Congressman which may or may not help. Comerica bank has stolen my Grand childrens' money. Their "customer service" sucks and their people are liars. Do NOT do  business with this bank.

I'm also filing a complaint with the Treasury Dept. I'm sure this bank got the contract for this because they are in Texas and probably gave Bush a ton of money. I will push for another bank to take over this contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directexpress-Master-card/Austin-Texas-78729/Directexpress-Master-card-Coamerica-Bank-is-stealing-Social-Security-funds-Austin-Texas-933218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directexpress Master card