Complaint Review: Directlegal.com

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Mel — san Jose California United States of America
Directlegal.com
1800 Century Park E, Suite 600 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Directlegal.com GoCopyright.com Scam Copyright/Trademark service Los Angeles, California

Directlegal.com claims to provide copyright and trademark services. They list their business address as : DirectLegal.com 1250 Conneticut Avenue, NW Suite 200 Washington, DC 20036 From the website: "DirectLegal, provides fast, professional & cost-effective copyright & trademark services for creative people, entrepreneurs, and businesses across the U.S.A., Canada & around the world. Our expert staff is standing by to assist you..."

I paid for the "Gold" package at $99 plus the Government filing fee of $35 for a total of $134. The "Gold" service offers "Priority Express Rush Processing 1-2 business days processing of your Copyright application." You submit payment, then you submit the work you want copywrited.

I've received nothing in return for my payment. It's now been two months. I have tried calling the 800 number, 800-975-6372, no one answers, only a message which states, "Thank you for calling Directlegal, our telephone support is unavailable..." I've emailed at two addresses, "support@directlegal.com," and "copyright@directlegal.com," and have gotten no response. I notified my bank and I may or may not receive a chargeback.

I have since found out that the purported owner of Directlegal.com, is Lorne Eisenstat from Quebec Canada, and allegedly he has been previously scamming people as the owner of a now defunct service website, "GoCopyright.com." Similar to what is done on Directlegal.com. After scamming numerous people, the site is shut down then a new one pops up to replace it. I also found out that in the late '90s, he allegedly scammed people with poor credit with a company called "National Credit Search." People were promised an unsecured credit card for a $79 application fee, which no one ever received. If you go to the NY Attorney General's site ( http://www.ag.ny.gov/ ) input "Lorne Eisenstat" in the "search" box, you will find two results listing his name along with reports of telemarketing scams. Although DirectLegal.com lists the Washington D.C. address for purposes of legitamacy, the address of Directlegal.com's owner, Lorne Eisenstat is in California. As follows:

Lorne Eisentat, J.D. President/CEO 1800 Century Park E, Suite 600 Los Angeles, CA 90067 Tel/Fax 210-694-9625

I have since found a website not as good as, but similar to Ripoff Report's, in which people give reviews on companies, www.sitejabber.com, and upon inputting "Directlegal.com" into their seach box I found multiple bad reviews from people whom have been scammed by Directlegal.com. Their advice is to "stay away" from Directlegal.com, and I must agree.

Before I had decided to use Directlegal.com, I did a search on Ripoff Report and found no complaints. I only wish I had searched further in the internet. Now, with my report here on Ripoff Report, hopefully more people will be forewarned.

In summation, as per my experience and through what I have uncovered, I suggest people not use Directlegal.com, as you will receive nothing in return for your payment

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directlegalcom/Los-Angeles-California-90067/Directlegalcom-GoCopyrightcom-Scam-CopyrightTrademark-service-Los-Angeles-California-999793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directlegal.com