Complaint Review: 'Directory of Ezines

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: Joshua — Calvert Maryland
'Directory of Ezines
, Select State/Province USA

'Directory of Ezines Charlie Page Refused service based on an undisclosed religious bias Texas

This complaint about the Directory of Ezines, owned and operated by Charlie Page, is actually years old.

I bought a lifetime subscription to the Directory of Ezines, that came with the offer to place ads on the website. I didn't try to take advantage of that offer for more than a year as I wasn't impressed with the product generally.

When I did, I submitted an ad about guided meditation. That's it. The word "God" was not in it. Nor did it refer to a metaphysical product. I use non-religious guided imagery.

Then I get an unpleasant e-mail from Mr. Page saying that his site doesn't accept ads for "new age" products. I pointed out that meditation is used in secular contexts and that if he discriminates, on the basis of religion, he should say so upfront before asking people to pony up $$$ for his product. I even pointed out that one of the ezines in his directory referenced meditation.

He responded that he was sorry but he couldn't write copy for my site and pointed to a reference on his copy-writing services page where he makes his dislike of "new age" things clear.I told him that I wasn't interested in retaining his services as a copy-writer, I simply wanted to place the advertisements I paid for when I bought the Directory of Ezines.

Thus, as he had not placed a religious discrimination disclaimer pertaining to that product anywhere, he should run my advertisement.

We went back and forth and he eventually offered a refund. Then he turns around and says that his refund policy only lasts for a year, and I missed the deadline.

I tried to explain that you're required to provide people with what they've paid for, by law, irrespective of your private refund policy. Mr. Page, if you see this please look up the definition of "implied warranty." Your advertised product has to match what people receive, legally.

So either deal with the stigma of prominently declaring that you won't accept religious material for non-Christian Evangelical ezines (the site is full of ads for Christianity) or pony up refunds if you're going to quietly discrimintate on the basis of religon.

At the time, I let the issue go yet at this point I want to warn others that Charlie Page is not upfront about his decision to discriminate againt people based on their religious beliefs and won't issue a refund after a year even if he should because he's mis-represented his product.

So if you have my problem with any of Mr. Page's undisclosed intolerace policies, after a year, your only recourse is to sue him, I guess. I kind of wish I had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directory-of-Ezines/Select-StateProvince/Directory-of-Ezines-Charlie-Page-Refused-service-based-on-an-undisclosed-religious-bias-1123441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 'Directory of Ezines