Complaint Review: Directstar TV

• Updated: Sat, November 10, 2012

• Reported By: Geordie — Palm Bay Florida United States of America
Directstar TV

Directstar TV Rip Off, Internet

I saw an ad for Satellite TV on Google , went to the web site and saw a special offer for Internet and Satellite TV for $ 44.95. They were very nice on the phone and they explaned every thind I would get If I signed up right away ! I would get , ATT U verse ,3.0 mbps a U verse modem/ router  and DirecTV w/ the second level package ( 150 channels ) and  HBO,Cinemax , Starz and Showttime free for 3months . I would have keep service for 24 mos. Also an HD DVR receiver ( GENIE ). They said they would email me all the details.

The installer arrived at the alloted time with wrong box ( SD reciever )  He said he would have to take it back and rescheduled an appt . The next day another guy came again with the wrong box ( HD receiver ) no DVR ! Out of frustration I told to just install it so I could watch my damn TV ! ATT install an Internet cconnection and the router . Their  service is terrible , at certain times of the day I can't even send an e mail, it is so slow that it sometimes freezes up for 5 minutes !

The topper is several days later I get a bill from ATT for 21.28 , Which is in the ballpark but the next day I get a bill from DirectV  for $ 45.26 . In my book  21.95 + 45.26 = $67.54 . I was quoted $ 44.95 . I called DirecTV customer service and after 45 min w/robots and operators in 3rd world countries I was sent to the High Executioner . He told me in no uncertain terms that there was no such offer for $ 44.95 and I was delusional and completely out of my mind ! Out of the goodness of his heart he offered me a one time rebate of $20. I said that was baloney and slammed the phone. I have tried reaching DirectStar but you are given a number that takes you back to DirecTV . Tomorrow I intend to cancel my service , period! I know thats going to be a 3 ring circus but at this point I don't give a flying #$@!&$.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2012 01:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directstar-TV/internet/Directstar-TV-Rip-Off-Internet-967252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directstar TV