Complaint Review: Directv cable service

• Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: maebush — orangeburg South Carolina United States of America
Directv cable service
post Office box 6550 greenwood village, Colorado United States of America

Directv cable service did not refund my money. Directv took my money and used it without my authority in monthly credit over a period of four months. greenwood village, Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: They are allowed to.

*Consumer Suggestion: Need more information.

I am very unhappy with directv.  I will not recommend any of my family members or friends to this cable company.  I been trying to get my money from directv that they own to me for four months. Without my approver they use my money over a four months periods in a credit when they should have put it back in my account. I am asking for help in this matter PLEASE.  The reasons I am reporting this is because no one should have to have their money taken from them the way Directv took my money.  This is really unfair.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv-cable-service/greenwood-village-Colorado-80155-6550/Directv-cable-service-did-not-refund-my-money-Directv-took-my-money-and-used-it-without-950567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv cable service

#1 Consumer Suggestion

They are allowed to.

AUTHOR: PabloDiegoJose - (USA)

Dear Unhappy:

They are allowed to use your credit card on file to have the charges paid.  You should read the agreement you entered into.  For your convenience it is on their website: directv.com/agreement.

If you really had a 4 month credit (I'm not sure why you would pay four months ahead, but that's another question for another day) - then there would be no need to charge your card on file.  If it did happen you should file a dispute in writing (read the agreement for their dispute address), also you should call them to file a formal dispute with one of their supervisors.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Need more information.

AUTHOR: Niko234 - (United States of America)

You claim they took your money without your permission? How did they have access to your account? If you still have direct tv they often issue refunds in the form of credit unless you have canceled their service. That way your bill is paid with the credit and not out of your pocket. If they have in fact taken money illegally out of your account I would suggest contacting your bank and reporting the fraud. We need a little more information to successfully see if you were scammed or if this was in error in communication. Do you still have Direct TV as in the service? Did you use their auto bill pay feature? People often find out that they agreed to auto bill pay and that is how your money is debited from your account each month. Let us know then we may be able to help.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC