Complaint Review: Directv

• Submitted: Wed, July 27, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, July 27, 2011

• Reported By: M — Some City Texas U.S.A.
Directv
PO BOX 6550 Greenwood Village, Colorado United States of America

Directv directtv Improper Billing seems scammy to me! Greenwood Village, Colorado

My bill kept going up yet my services were lacking through one satellite carrier so I switched to Directv May 2010. I got all these "discounts" and "deals" for 10 months as I understood it.

They installed my service and I had a refer a friend yet that $10 credit was not showing up. I gave them my debit card number for an auto pay to get free hd service. My bill was suppose to be one amount yet it was much higher.

I called in they "fixed it" wait time was minimal.

Although my bill would arrive in at one amount yet my credit card was billed another for my entire first year, it was generally just a few dollars so I let it slide. Adding up all these "few dollars" I discovered I had paid in an extra $48 in the first year. I did not have movie channels either and my bill stayed around $52-$65 per month in the first year. Since my programming didn't change I am not sure why the flucuations.

My first year was up and my July bill came in at $99.02! Still no movie channels but apparently all my "deals" have dropped off. Fine, I reduced my channels to get it more comfortable but that left me with a $77 bill and very minimal channels- no movies, no hd channels (even though I'm getting "free" hd for paying by cc monthly). I lost trutv, boom, a few of my kids channels, etc. but yet my bill is still that much money! My cc was charged $69.02 after the adjustments and reduction in programming was done. Since I auto pay, I pay what they charge.

Frustrated I called back about 2 weeks of having minimal channels. I spoke to a rep who said she would do this and that and that and this and give me 3 months of the hd movie channel (which is lame not like hbo, cinemax, tmc, encore or antying) She said my bill would Techincally be about $69.99 plus tax. However I would get a $20 credit due to something she was doing to "help me". I agreed. Surely tax would put it right around $70/mo or less.  However with all the credits from having low packages and all that my bill would be lower for August.

Needless to say my August bill came in and I owed $103! Where is the savings? I didn't get anything extra. I called in and they first said it was the fact I paid 69.02 instead of 99 for that previous month. Well I paid what THEY AUTO BILLED ME (and I have paid extra than billed for a whole year!). I didn't say only pay this much- they took what they charged to my card! Then I asked what happened to my credits from a reduction in services for half a month, he couldn't explain.

I was speaking to "Joe" at this point who told me pretty much pay the 103! I said no cancel. My husband was calling our bank on the other phone to cancel my credit card just in case. he said no I owe the money I have to pay. I explained- I owe nothing- this is a PREPAYMENT for services I haven't even used yet! Well he said the last rep gave me wrong information. I demanded a supervisor and spoke to "Ruben" who kept telling me someone else made an error on my bill.

How is this my fault? In my calculations I have over paid by $48 already! I'm on the select package now with 3 receivers- one is suppose to be free and I have hd access but only 2 hd receivers and the hd is free from giving them my cc. Yet my bill is $82.37 after tax! They are not reasonable. I'm so irritated over this. They made errors and over charged me and boom they think I can hemmorage money to them. Anyone else have this crazy billing issue and MASSIVE charges after the first year?? My bill would be double the first year bills monthly had I NOT reduced to the minimal package.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2011 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/Greenwood-Village-Colorado-80155-6550/Directv-directtv-Improper-Billing-seems-scammy-to-me-Greenwood-Village-Colorado-757126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv