Complaint Review: Directv

• Submitted: Thu, May 19, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 14, 2011

• Reported By: Larry — Lepanto Arkansas U.S.A.
Directv
Internet, Arkansas United States of America

Directv Directv deception Internet, Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: They did this to me, but I'm fighting!

Directv sales team will lie to you to get you to sign up with them. They have been sued by California for this practice. I was promised a $58.00 bill for the first year with free HD. I got my 4th bill and it was $123.00. I was promised shelving to mount receiver boxes on, the receivers were left in a bar stool he dragged under the television. One was not connected and left on the bar, one was on a plastic tote we use to store stuff in. Carpet was left wit mud in it. They did give me a $50.00 credit after complaining for the fourth time. I was promised a dish for use with my camper, I never got it. When you call they tell you that this call is recorded for quality purposes. Apparently not. They will not produce transcript of the call so I can confront them about the lies.
To make a long story short, their salesmen used to sale used cars. Get it all in writing before you sign up!
I will have to pay a $460.00 disconnect fee for leaving this sorry company. They use misleading sales tactics. Don't take my word, research the BBB first. Buyer Beware! You are dealing with liars!
Larry

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2011 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/Internet-Arkansas-/Directv-Directv-deception-Internet-Arkansas-730981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv

They did this to me, but I'm fighting!

AUTHOR: Geina - (U.S.A.)

DirecTV also lied to me, and overcharged me every month. My reception was
horrible, and I was not getting all the things promised to me.
I called within 3 days to cancel this horrible service, and I was told I only had
24 hours to cancel!

They then sent me a "change of terms" with no way to dispute the changes!
I complained to the attorney general of my state (Louisiana), and DirecTV generously
offered me a 76 cent refund! LOL. My state sued DirecTV for deceptive
practices within months of this! And won!

I then sent DirecTV my own "change of terms", certified RRR (there is no law that states they
are the only party allowed to change contract terms). It stated that my "contract" would
now be limited to 1 year, and if they did not accept the changes, they were to
cut off my service within ten days.
Of course, they did not cut off my service, so when the new "terms" were up, I
disconnected the service.

Then the harassment started. Since they had lied to me before, I told them that they must
only contact me in writing, and they IMMEDIATELY turned me over to Allied Interstate!

You can guess what happened next. Allied was calling me 10+ times a day, so I sent them
a cease communication letter, and requested a V.O.D.
They wrote back saying they did not have a file on me, and I needed to send them info,
including my SSN (fat chance on that!), but they ignored the cease communication letter in its entirety.

I found an attorney who was familiar with Allied who sued them on my behalf, and yesterday notified me that Allied has settled the matter, and I won $500.00 bucks for FDCPA violations!

I also have a complaint being investigated by the state Attorney General's DirecTV restitution act, and although I am not seeking damages, I just want them to acknowledge the fact that they accepted my change of terms, and then ignored them, turning me over to a bottom feeder collection agency. Due to the contract changes, I do not owe them a penny! My
contract with them was over!

The attorney I used is actually listed as a Lemon Law specialist, but he's absolutely amazing!
I don't think I will have too many more problems with DirecTV, OR ANY OTHER bottom
feeder collection agency they hire.
:-)
Your mileage may vary of course, but it certainly did work for me!
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC